2011-10-26

WINOS

It's the end of a shift on a particularly horrific workday and I'm nearly in tears about something going on at work. It happens to be an issue involving maturity, intelligence, honesty, and a few other traits (mostly, an issue arising out of the lack of these). In any event, it's affected a major project and several people. And while it once was just a semi-private issue over the last few weeks, it's blown up this week. And after the blow up, it was assumed that things would simmer down, folks would go sit in their respective corners and chill out. Instead, there is an extensive avalanche of kaka continuing to run down the mountain as the depth of the issue is becoming apparent--not because anyone was attempting to investigate--but that folks stumbled on evidence of... well.



In any event. I've been trying so hard and pushing so hard and cajoling so hard. I've been at my wits end for awhile now, trying to keep my personal biases or thoughts or knee-jerk reactions away from the project. And now I feel like it's all been for nothing (not the case, considering much of the project is behind us). . I am unable to put words to how I feel now... I think the only way to put it is, I want to throw a temper tantrum and screech, "I wanna go home!"



I'm thinking of that Bucket Theory, and I know the best way to ignore the water and quit splashing is to start some splashing of my own and go sailing. Unfortunately, the weather is gray and dreary and I have no boat available.



When I was at the Sail for the Cure event, there were a bunch of ladies wearing WINOS shirts. It said, "Women In Need of Sailing." I WANT one of those shirts. That is the kind of day I am having. There needs to be an emergency hotline, where you can call and schedule an emergency sail. There needs to be like a ZipCar of boating.



I imagine a crisply clean boat advancing up to a dock in a cloud of fog, just as you arrive at the pierhead, bedraggled, miserable, wanting, needing sustenance... Perhaps the Flying Dutchwoman, and a gal or two or three on board, and your pup is already with them. They reach out and snap you on board. While you head below to shower away the filth, the boat magically disappears into it's own continuum, and reality is forgotten. Post the greatest shower you've had in your life (or at least the last few months), put on clean comfy clothes, and feel that relieved feeling you get when your hair doesn't look like crap and you smell nice. Perhaps there's a nice savory and healthy snack or meal on a real plate with real tableware at a galley table with a real view, a beverage of your choice, alcoholic or not, cold or hot, while the boat sets sail in a nice breeze. You are not cold, you are not wet, you are not wanting or needing for anything, and you are not needed for anything except perhaps setting the sails and sitting a spell at the helm, only if you feel like it. The destination: catharsis.



I recently saw a bumper sticker. "Humankind. Be both." It resonated. Life is too short to be mired in poop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't really want to put out a bunch of rules here. Just... play nice. Don't identify folks.